You pride yourself on being a “green” airline with your numerous Environmental Initiatives – and I appreciate them greatly! I respect that you separate your recycling from garbage in flight, adding winglets to help with fuel economy, etc. HOWEVER – I think you’re missing a major opportunity in the vein of being green.
When I used your app for online check in last week, I was certain my request wasn’t processing – why wasn’t it showing me a mobile boarding pass? (After all, that’s why I love Passbook!)
After a few tries, I hopped on my laptop with the same result. I couldn’t find ANY way to retrieve a boarding pass without printing it at home or in the airport. According to your FAQ’s, you offer them. But I couldn’t receive a mobile boarding pass despite my best efforts. On top of this, apparently you haven’t updated your app to work with Passbook (you say it will be texted or emailed – but this never happened). This means every passenger with Southwest is printing a boarding pass at home, work or airport kiosk. Let’s check some numbers.
According to your website, the following averages exist:
- 3,600 flights daily
- 138 seats per flight
- 21.1 Million flights have been booked in the last 12 months
- Reminder in their “Your Flight is Around the Corner!” email
- Emails are sent automatically
- Prompting them via online check in
- This never happened during my check in. Why not?
- Airport kiosk staff suggesting it to passengers
- Would help decrease the line for passengers w/carry on bags, would speed up check in time for others