There are so many travel blogs & publications I read on a daily basis! Wanted to share some of my favorite links, articles, info graphics and tips from around the web this week.
- Where Millennials should be living. Clearly I agree with #1 😉
- Would you fly on Friday the 13th? Apparently it’s one of the cheapest days to travel (and 6 other tips!)
- A guide to renting an apartment when you travel. Good tips!
- What smart travelers are doing in December. I’m doing #1 & #2 in ONE trip (because I’m crazy).
- I read this article on the plane yesterday and it made me smile. I couldn’t agree with their perspective on Cinque Terre more!
- The 30 best places to spend Christmas. #13 looks familiar!
- YUM! Holiday foods around the world… I’d get on a plane for a few of them!
- Bad news. Thanksgiving travel congestion is now the new norm. We were in the LONGEST Passport control line at O’Hare in Chicago yesterday… I hope it’s not always like that!
- I was laughing when I read about the Carry-On Cocktail Kit. Cheers, I guess?
- This is great info… especially if you’ve ever had a trip canceled because of weather!
- Looking to travel the world? These are the careers you should get into.
- There are so many charming medieval Italian towns like this one.
- Sad news for the Jet Blue crowd – your perks are disappearing. They don’t fly into Nashville so I’m not feeling the burn… but I feel your pain!
- I don’t really believe in astrology (it’s fun to read, but that’s about it), but apparently you can let your sign choose your next vacation. Guess I’m going to Tunisia!
- Travel gifts you can’t wrap. Warning: you need deep pockets.
- How NOT to look like a tourist in Florence. I can definitely vouch for these! Also, make note of the San Spirito area – where we stayed! I’d highly recommend it for a local experience.
- It’s Cyber Monday! Some deal guides from Corals + Cognacs, Frommer’s, Conde Nast Traveler, Budget Travel and Detroit Free Press.
|a panorama from an early morning in Cinque Terre
We got back from Italy last night & pretty much went straight to bed. What a great week! You’re going to be hearing ALL about it over the next few days, so sorry if it gets old 🙂 I learned a ton & we had the best time. We ventured to Cinque Terre, Rome, Florence & Venice… so glad we squeezed everything in, because they were each amazing in their own way!
Hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving!
PS – If you missed the gift guides, you can check them out here.